Posted by Nathaniel Edwards on 5th March 2010
You got the info on Final Fantasy XIII, Rocket Racing, and Muscle March in this week’s news post. Muscle March is, as I said, kinda really super unbelievably weird. But now, for your entertainment, I provide the Top 10 Weirdest Games I Have Ever Played *in no particular order* (with some awesome links!):
- Bust-A-Groove 2 - Oh boy. I remember playing this when I was younger, and being just scared of this final boss. To begin with, he’s a tiny panda. Then he suddenly transforms into a creepy panda man, and it just starts getting surreal right there. *shudder*
- Noby Noby Boy – You can read my review here on Kidzworld. The trailer released to sell the game was just gameplay, though it may not look like there’s any gameplay going on here.
- PaRappa the Rapper – Awesomeness. Weird, but still awesomeness. Video for the best song.
- Umjammer Lammy – Slightly less awesome than PaRappa. Slightly weirder, too, as you can tell from this level.
- Katamari Damacy – C’mon, you know about this one, right? Still, it had to make the list for this kind of stuff.
- Rez – Crazy rhythm/shooter game. Nothing makes a whole lot of sense, but it’s entrancing. Here’s a video.
- Q-Bert – Arcade/Atari title. WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?
- Taiko Drum Master – Another rhythm game, this one came with a taiko drum peripheral, rather than a guitar or something. Best yet, you could play the Katamari Damacy theme song in it!
- Jade Cocoon – The most underrated RPG ever, and also a very odd one. This boss battle gives you just a taste of the oddities.
- Super Mario RPG – If you think about any Mario game long enough, it becomes clear that they are REALLY REALLY WEIRD. Why is a plumber from Brooklyn in rather colorful clothes saving a kingdom of mushroom people who have a human princess from a spiky turtle who leads whatever goombas are? Also, why is Samus Aran sleeping in Super Mario RPG? Why?!