Posted by Kidzworld on 18th June 2009
Hey kids! While hanging out at Kidzworld, we want you to have as much fun as possible, but we also want you to be safe! That’s why we have these tips for you to follow while hanging out online – not just at Kidzworld, but any website you find yourself on. Check them out so that Kidzworld stays fun and safe for you and all the other users.
- Keep your personal information to yourself. Do not disclose any info that could be used to identify you in a real life situation. Never give anyone online your last name, school name, passwords, email address or street address.
- Be cautious of people who ask you too many personal questions – especially if they won’t stop asking, even after you’ve told them no. If this happens to you, tell your parents, one of the chat moderators or email us email@example.com. Make sure you tell us the username of the person who is bothering you.
- If anyone online asks things that make you uncomfortable, nervous or scared, stop talking with them and tell your parents. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the user’s screen name and some details about what happened, like where on the site and when.
- If you ever find an image, a link or an ad on Kidzworld that you think doesn’t belong there (it has bad language or pics), email us right away. Please make sure you include the URL so that we can find it and remove it.
- Don’t register on any website or in a contest that requires you to disclose personal information without getting your parent’s permission first. You always want to be on a safe website for kids.
- Read the chat and bulletin board rules and guidelines before entering any chatroom. This is important stuff to know otherwise you may break the rules and get kicked off.
- Talk to one of your parents before downloading anything from the internet.
- Don’t believe everything you read. Lots of people like to make up stuff when they are online. It’s important to remember that the people you are chatting with may not be telling you the truth about themselves.
- Never agree to meet an online “friend” face to face unless your parents know about it and say it’s okay. Don’t talk to anyone on the phone that you have met online unless your parents say it’s okay. Always tell your parents when someone asks to meet you in person or call you.
- Let Kidzworld know if you ever have a problem. If you are in the kids only chat room or on the kids message boards, speak with one of the moderators. Otherwise email us at email@example.com.
- But the most important thing to do! Kidzworld is a great website for kids that has the best chat rooms for kids. There are kids books to read, free stuff contests, free game cheats, free online contests, celebrities bios, new kids games, new toy reviews, video game previews, school science fair projects